data Welcome to Peace Mbah's Blog.: “I Had A Crush On Genevieve Nnaji” – Banky W

Monday 1 September 2014

“I Had A Crush On Genevieve Nnaji” – Banky W



A popular Nigerian R&B artiste, Banky W, says he was never in a relationship with popular movie star, Genevieve Nnaji, but revealed that he had a “huge crush” on her at one point.
In an interview on Sunday, on a Channels Television’s programme, Rubbin’ Minds, Banky W told Ebuka that he was single but not under any pressure to get married.
He said he was not in a relationship because it was tough to do.

“It is hard to pull it off especially in this business and in this lifestyle. This is not from my lack of effort but it is just tough to do.

“I did not date Genevieve Nnaji but i had a huge crush on her at one point. I tried but Genevieve is Genevieve. She is my person and we are just friends,” he said.

There have also been rumours that the American born artiste was in a relationship with Andrea Manuela Giaccaglia but when asked if it was true, he said that discussing other people on air was not ideal for him.
He, however, said that Giaccaglia was an amazing person.

On whether he was under any pressure to get married, he said: “The society puts individuals under huge pressure to get married.

“There is a mentality that when someone is out of school and has started making money, there will be some sought of pressure from parents.

“I think that there is probably an unhealthy obsession with wedding but not as much as it should be about healthy marriages.

“For me who you marry matters a lot. You should do it when you are sure that you are ready and that you have found the person that you want to marry rather than succumb to pressure. No body is going to live with you when you do.

“My parents know that I don’t respond to such pressures,” the 33 years old artist said, stressing, however, that he looks forward to getting married when the time is ripe.

He insisted that he would prefer to wait for the right time rather than settle for a divorce few months or years after marriage.

“I do not want divorce to be my story. I would rather wait, find the person, make myself right and make the person right and do it right one time than try and fail.”

- ChannelsTv

No comments:

Designed ByAkpene Jacob